Lactofer S Capsules
Lactofer S Capsules
Ferrochel is a dietary supplement that contains chelated iron, which is bound to amino acids for better absorption and utilization by the body. It is commonly used to prevent or treat iron-deficiency anemia, a condition where there is a lack of healthy red blood cells to transport oxygen to the body's tissues. Ferrochel is known to have high absorption rates compared to other iron supplements and is also non-constipating.
Ferrochel comes in different forms, such as oral capsules and tablets, as well as intravenous injections. It is recommended to seek advice from a healthcare professional before taking Ferrochel, especially for those with anemia. Pregnant women are more at risk of developing anemia, and Ferrochel is commonly used to support fetal growth and development. It is important to follow the recommended dosage, typically 30-60mg of elemental iron daily, and avoid high doses that may cause side effects like nausea, constipation, and stomach cramps.
While Ferrochel may help prevent or treat iron-deficiency anemia, it is not a substitute for a healthy diet rich in iron, such as leafy greens, red meat, and fortified cereals. Always consult with a healthcare professional before taking any dietary supplement.
- Supports the prevention and treatment of iron-deficiency anemia by providing a highly absorbable and bioavailable source of iron.
- Helps in the production of healthy red blood cells, which are responsible for transporting oxygen to the body's tissues.
- May alleviate symptoms associated with iron-deficiency anemia, such as fatigue, weakness, and shortness of breath.
- Provides a non-constipating form of iron supplementation, reducing the common side effect of constipation often associated with traditional iron supplements.
- Suitable for individuals who have difficulty absorbing iron from dietary sources or have increased iron requirements, such as pregnant women.
- Supports fetal growth and development during pregnancy by ensuring an adequate supply of iron for both the mother and the developing baby.
- Chelated iron in Ferrochel has a higher absorption rate compared to other forms of iron, enhancing its effectiveness and reducing the required dosage.
- Should be used as part of a comprehensive approach to managing iron-deficiency anemia, including dietary modifications and ongoing monitoring by a healthcare professional.